CTA Social Media Internship Opportunity For Fresh Graduate In Netherland
Deadline: 14th March,2018
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Assist in social media content planning and be responsible for keeping it updated, in line with the overall online content planning;
- Research influencers, brands and networking opportunities that are strategic for CTA communication objectives;
- Moderate and engage with comments posted on social media keeping in line with CTA’s corporate tone and messages;
- Engage with all incoming messages on all platforms;
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in English and French) and visuals;
- Update YouTube and Vimeo; edit videos and add subtitles;
- Support CTA staff and interns in using social media tools in relation to their activities; propose easy-to-use supporting material;
- Keep track on performance on social media and produce monthly reports;
- Contribute content for blogs, CTA event websites and e-newsletters when required;
- Support the team in quality control of the event calendar.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline.Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Experience in social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: email@example.com. Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Social Media’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position.
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position.
- Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected. A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.