Young Feminist Media Fellowship For Storytellers!
Are you a feminist storyteller? Do you believe in the power of stories reaching millions? Are you a budding writer, artist or videographer? Then this fellowship opportunity is just the right thing for you!
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund, in Partnership with The WMC FBOMB, invites Applications from young and budding storytellers to apply to its pilot project Young Feminist Media Fellowship
The fellowship is an opportunity to gain insight into global feminist issues, receive guidance and feedback from experienced feminist journalists and an opportunity for the writers to have their stories published in a publication that has a worldwide readership.
You are eligible to apply for this fellowship if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a young feminist (between the age of 18 and 30) with proven interest or activism in gender-based issues in the local, national or in international contexts
- You are a budding writer, publisher, visual artist or videographer.
- You will have some proven experience and have some sample pieces of your previous work to demonstrate it.
- You may be based anywhere in the world, but should be from a Global South country (i.e. not Western Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand) and willing to travel in the pursuit of the story. Previous experience in journalism, writing, blogging, sketching, designing is welcome, but not compulsory.
- You are proficient in the English language as the writing/designing will be done in English only.
The fellow is expected to work part-time and will be paid a stipend of USD 500 USD for the three-month duration of the fellowship. As a fellow, you will be expected to decide how you’d like to utilize the stipend money in pursuit of your story.
Please send your applications latest by April 22, 2018.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about FRIDA: https://youngfeministfund.org/
To learn more about FBomb: https://www.womensmediacenter.com/fbomb