Deadline: 1st April,2018
Based in Munich, Germany, the WFP Innovation Accelerator helps identify, develop and roll out bold new ideas for a world with zero hunger. As of July 2017, more than 20 internal-WFP innovation projects or startups are supported, addressing a range of challenges from growing food in the desert, to helping smallholder farmers access local markets.
- High potential to reach Zero Hunger
- High level of innovation – could be on the technology, business model or systems
- Strong team – team track record together, individual skills
- Scalability potential
- Financial sustainability of the project – have a sustainable business model that doesn’t rely on WFP
- Proven problem and traction
- Teams/start-ups selected for the ‘Sprint Programme’ will receive up to USD 100,000 in sprint funding, access to WFP’s global operations and access to WFP’s global network of partners and resources.
- Further funding is dependent upon progress and achievement of key targets
- Innovation projects/startups selected by the Accelerator participate in an intensive 3–6 month ‘Sprint Programme’ that helps them reach proof of concept, develop prototypes ready for implementation, and/or scale
- Teams receive guidance, and space to bring their idea to life from the Munich-based Accelerator