Andrew Wainwright Reform Trust
The objectives of the Trust are framed in general terms to work for a just and democratic society and to redress political and social injustices.
The Trust normally gives grants only to groups or organisations, but in exceptional cases, it may consider an application from an individual with proven experience or skill in their chosen field or it may make a personal award to an individual in support of outstanding commitment and effectiveness relevant to the Trust’s interests.
Before you apply
- check that your general aims and what you specifically propose to do meet the Trust’s funding criteria outlined here;
- consider whether the amount you are requesting falls within the normal size of grants made by the Trust outlined here
- check that you can satisfy the Trust’s deadlines: the directors meet three times a year – in March, July and November – and applications must be submitted by 14 January, 14 May or 14 September respectively.
- It is a condition of all grants given that the Trust receives a report back about how the grant was spent immediately after the grant is spent or at the end of the grant year, whichever is sooner.
The application process
There is no standard application form and applicants are asked to submit:
- a completed registration form, which can be downloaded here
- up to four A4 pages setting out your proposal;
- a full budget for the project;
- your most recent audited annual accounts or an up-to-date statement of income & expenditure (if only recently formed);
In the exceptional case of an application from an individual with proven experience or skill in their chosen field the application must be accompanied by your CV with details of your current employment, relevant skills and experience and names of two referees.
Applications should be sent to the Trust’s administrator Kerry McQuade to arrive not later than 14 January, 14 May or 14 September:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to 19 Wadsworth Lane, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire HX7 8DL.
Applicants may contact the administrator, preferably by email, for any clarification.