Deadline: 23rd February 2018
Job Location: Calabar, Cross River State (Frequent Travel to Ikom)
The Senior Programmes Officer will be responsible for supervising and coordinating program/ project management, and evaluation.
- develop proposals for possible funding;
- keep Executive Management and Supervising Trustee informed of organisational activities;
- maintain close coordination with the Board of Directors, the Programmes officer and other programmes staff as needed to accomplish program goals and objectives.
- Serve as the primary contact person for the Foundation on all areas, particularly relating to programmes management, enquiries, funding, and proposals,
- Supervise the planning, coordination, and development of programmes, events, and meetings (internal & external) that support the organisation’s objectives;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organisations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into the Foundation’s interests.
- Ensure that adequate resource files for assigned program areas are developed and maintained;
- Coordinate the implementation of JOE Foundation’s Projects and Programmes.
The selected candidate will be expected to devote his/her full time to this employment and expend best efforts on behalf of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any health service related field. A working knowledge of care and management of diabetes is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years cumulative experience in a non-profit, in consultancy or as a Programmes Manager or Senior Programmes Officer
- Experience working with a non-profit organisation in the health sector
- Past experience in project management, especially in the non-profit sector, would be an advantage and applicant should have at least executed/managed two major non-profit initiative from the inception through execution and completion
- Must have an above average proficiency in the use of computer packages (Microsoft office package etc.).
- Should be an indigene of Cross River State from the Central Senatorial District and reside in Calabar
- Must be willing to make frequent within the Central Senatorial District.