African Development Bank writing competition for a fully funded trip to Korea
Deadline: 26th Mar 2018.
As an African organization serving Africans, the African Development Bank’s dream is to build today a better future for Africa tomorrow.
Ahead of the Annual Meetings, that will be held on the theme “Accelerating Africa’s Industrialization”, in Busan, Korea, in May 2018, the bank have launched a writing competition for young Africans to unlock creativity on #Africaofmydream
To particpate, all you have to do is write an article (no longer than 1,000 words) on the Africa of your dreams, based on any of the following sub-themes.
- Smart Cities and Urban Development
- The Internet of Things
- Agriculture as a Business
- 4th Industrial Revolution
- ICTs and the video game industry
- Inclusive and sustainable industrial development
- Integrating Africa through Entertainment
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- The future of entrepreneurship
- Health innovation
Four winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to attend the Korea event. Winners in each category will also take home a laptop computer, and runners-up will get tablets
- Must be 20 years of age, and legally allowed to travel internationally.
- Must hold a valid passport, or be able to obtain one prior to attending the Annual Meetings.
- Must be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries.
- Must not be older than 29 years old as of May 31, 2018 to enter the Contest;
- Entries must be submitted in English or French (the African Development Bank’s official languages).
- Young Media Practitioners: Must submit an unpublished piece no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme.
- Young Contestants: Must submit an essay, article or creative writing piece, no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme.
In addition to their submitted pieces, participants will be required to submit a proof of identity – passport, birth certificate or national id card.