Facebook Community Leadership Program
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. An important part of this is supporting the leaders who foster community—people who offer support, build bridges and make change. We believe society thrives as a result of their work.
The Facebook Community Leadership Program exists to empower and support leaders from around the world who have built meaningful communities through the Facebook family of apps and services.
- Applicants must utilize a product or service within the Facebook family of apps and services for the purpose of building community. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Oculus and Facebook connectivity efforts (Free Basics or Express Wi-Fi).
- Applicants must comply with all applicable terms and policies governing the use of our apps and services, and the communities they represent must be in good standing and engaged in activities and discussions that are anchored on positive impact, rather than demeaning other people, groups, or points of view.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their local country, whichever is higher.
- Because use of our products is essential to program participation, only applicants from regions and countries where Facebook can legally operate are eligible.
- Given that people selected to participate in the program will receive funding, only applicants from countries where Facebook can legally make payments are eligible.
- Applicants leading communities focused on and/or use of program funds for the following activities are ineligible:
- Political campaign activities (e.g. on behalf of an active candidate for elected office)
- Political lobbying activities (e.g. a 501(c)4 entity in the US)
- A grant of up to $50,000 USD to be used for a specific community initiative within a one-year time frame
- An educational curriculum designed around leadership development and access to subject matter experts
- Four in-person gatherings with networking opportunities to build community among fellows
- Support to execute your grant proposal and resources to help with technical issues