Halcyon 2018 Incubation Programme for Social Entrepreneurs in the US
Deadline: 4th April 2018
Halcyon seeks and celebrates creativity in all forms and galvanizes creative individuals aspiring to promote social good. Halcyon brings together diverse groups of changemakers in art and social enterprise and provides a safe haven for their bold ideas to take flight. Halcyon offers an ecosystem of advocacy that encourages socially engaged creatives to learn, freely experiment, sometimes fail, and advance their talents and visions. In doing so, they foster new pathways to knowledge and resources and help innovators transform their inspiration into impact.
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (Post-Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice through Arnold and Porter LLP
- Technical advice and hosting credits through Amazon Web Services
- One-on-one executive coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the Residency Phase.
- Select dinners and events engage fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
- Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
- Entrepreneurs must have a transformative idea in any sector and a commitment to turning that idea into a venture
- Entrepreneurs must be founders or co-founders of a potentially high-impact social enterprise
- Entrepreneurs must be available 100% of the time during the Incubator Intensive; participation in simultaneous programs is not advised
- Entrepreneurs must secure their own visas and/or legal documentation for entrance into the United States; Halcyon can provide official invitation letters for each participant if necessary
- Entrepreneurs must be a positive, collaborative and open-minded individuals with a willingness to learn and work hard
Click here to apply