On June 20,2018, the Instagram team officially released a press report to validate the launch of IGTV for individual or brand experiential marketing.
It’s a clear indication that Video content is day by day becoming a viable tool to social media domination.
Here are a few tips you need to know about IGTV
- You can get creative with video content for your audience engagement
- You are able to share a longer video
- It makes watching video on mobile easier with its full-screen vertical video feature
How To Set Up IGTV
You can do this via desktop and mobile. But, we will focus on mobile.
There are 2 options to the set-up of the channel on mobile
- On the right corner of your Instagram apps, click on the TV- like icon
- Follow the setup instruction and you are good to go.
To Upload Video
- Tap the + icon and select your video from the gallery.
if your IGTV is for business purpose, you’re advised to download the IGTV apps for iPhone or Android for effectiveness
- Add your Instagram account on the IGTV apps
- select the Create Channel option from the pop-up menu.
- Tap on your profile picture to set up your channel.
Once connected, your Instagram account info will populate into your channel and you’ll be prompted to upload a video from your gallery or you tap the + sign.
To ensure dominance and visibility for your business
- Include a link to your store or website
- Check the insight for your video by clicking on the 3- dot on your video.
- If you are not ready to post, you can save to draft
- Always respond promptly to client’s enquiry or comments
- Videos must be in vertical or portrait mode. The ideal size ratio is 9:16, but a ratio as close to square as 4:5 is also supported. In anything other than a 9:16 ratio, the video won’t fill the screen.