Apply for UNU-CRIS Graduate Internship Program
Deadline: 1st May,2018
- Research tasks related to the research programme of interest based on the needs of the supervisor and on the ongoing projects and research activities at the time of the internship;
- Presentation of the work performed during the research stay at one of the research brunches, which are informal gatherings bringing together UNU-CRIS researchers;
- Assistance in administrative and other tasks, as needed.
- Be enrolled in a Master programme or holder of a Master degree;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the UN and regional integration studies and specifically in one of the research programmes of the Institute, namely:
- The Role of Regions in Global Governance
- The United Nations and Regional Public Goods
- Changing Patterns of Regional and Global Governance
- Be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute;
- Thrive under pressure and be able to act quickly and efficiently;
- Possess excellent English communicating and writing skills;
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months.
Office space, computer facilities and access to the libraries of UNU-CRIS, UNU, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the College of Europe are provided. While traineeships and internship are non-remunerated, travel costs incurred by the attendance of UNU-CRIS related events are reimbursed.
In addition, Bruges’ favourable location close to Brussels provides direct access to the seat of the European Union and other international organisations, as well as a number of universities and research centres based in the Belgian capital.
Although admitted candidates are required to arrange their own travel, housing and health insurance, UNU-CRIS will provide advice and support to help facilitate the search process.
UNU-CRIS launches calls for applications twice a year. The deadline for the first call is 1 May, the deadline for the second call is 1 November. Candidates are expected to start in July and January respectively at the earliest, beginning of October and April respectively at the latest. The exact start and end dates of the internship are negotiable.
Interested candidates shall submit their application in English to Mr. Ewout Ramon.
Applications must include:
- The UNU-CRIS internship application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation;
- A letter of recommendation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.