BBC World Service Job: Broadcast Assistant (Planning – Diary and Events)
Deadline: 21st February 2018
- To provide operational support for the planning and production teams, helping to diarise newsworthy events and keeping a record of who is covering them and for which outlets.
- To play a key role in developing News’ diary system, establishing effective methods of communicating planning information to the Africa department and other parts of the BBC.
- To update News’ contacts lists, following up missing information and ensuring that all details are accurately recorded by producers and team members.
- To prepare briefs for production teams on guests and/or subject matters. On occasion, to preinterview guests and to make accurate notes on these conversations.
- To book guests and make transport and technical arrangements to ensure that contributors get on air.
- To organise and attend planning meetings and to record decisions, prepare and circulate documentation and co-ordinate tasks with different departments.
- To make travel arrangements and book accommodation as requested.
- To carry out programme-related administrative and secretarial duties. This will include recording programme costs, preparing contracts for payments, arranging payments of fees etc.
- To archive audio and video items, callers’ data and programme episodes and to undertake general housekeeping duties relating to productions.
- To assist in the studio and online production where required and under supervision e.g. timing programmes, checking material, coordinating interviews, liaising with producers and technical staff. On occasion, and under the supervision of more senior production staff, to record material and to operate simple studio equipment.
- To act as a point of contact for all BBC departments, outside contributors and guests.
- On occasion, to select, translate, edit and publish contributions to BBC output and contribute suggestions for treatment of stories in line with BBC guidelines and under supervision from Editors and Senior Broadcast Journalists.
Click here to pply