NAFDAC introduces Automated Product Administration and Monitoring System (NAPAMS), an online portal for the registration of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals, and packaged water in Nigeria
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has finally joined the league of government parastatal adopting technology to make services seamless for Nigerians.
NAFDAC in a bid to facilitate easy registration, it has introduced the online registration portal dubbed Automated Product Administration and Monitoring System; Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) can now process the registration of their products with NAFDAC from the comfort of their homes, and at an 80% discounted rate over a period of six months.
Also, in recognition of the current economic challenges, NAFDAC commissioned additional palliatives for Micro/Small businesses, which includes zero tariffs for the first 200 micro and small businesses to register on the e-platform and waiver on administrative charges for overdue/late renewal of expired licenses of products for a period 90 days.
What is New Registration and Data Capture about?
The New Registration and Data Capture exercise is necessary to achieve the following
- To ensure that the information captured under the new registration and data capture processes will form the basis for future product renewal for all existing clients/companies registered by NAFDAC.
- To capture the details of existing NAFDAC approved Products and Companies unto the NAFDAC Automated Product Administration and Monitoring System Database in order to create an authentic and reliable database of all NAFDAC registered products in Nigeria.
Information captured under the process are divided into 2 categories as follows:
- Client/company information
- Products information
How to access the New Registration Portal?
- visit www.napams.org
- On the homepage, click on the Sign In link.
- Select login as a Client.
- Create an account if you are first time user or log-in with your username and password if
you an existing user
- Click on Register (if you do not have an existing account)
- Register as a client by filling the Company Registration Profile page.
- Click on the Save button to proceed to the dashboard.
How to Purchase and Fill a New Registration and/or Data Capture Form
- Click on the New Registration Form link on the navigation panel to select the Application Type.
- Select your product category, product source, sub-category (i.e. Drug, Medical Devices, Cosmetics, Food etc.)
- Click on the Continue button to proceed.
- Enter the product and manufacturer’s details
- Enter product-specific details, upload approval documents, and product image
- Proceed to payment
- Click on ‘Make Payment’
- The system displays the Remita payment platform.
- Select ‘payment method’ e.g. card details, online Internet banking, Pay at Bank Branch option etc.
- Enter your card details.
- You are automatically redirected to the Product Summary page to proceed.
- Click on Next
- View, Select Processing Site and Submit the completed form
How to check your product status
- Click on Dashboard
- Click on View (View Application Status) corresponding to the product.
How to update your Company’s Profile?
- Click on Company Profile
- Edit/Update the details and click on Update.
How to change your Company’s information?
The company’s information that can be changed includes name, addresses, email, phone number, etc. but cannot be completed without NAFDAC approval. The process below explained the process:
- Go to the Dashboard
- Click on Other Application Forms.
- Proceed with the application and submit.
To learn how you can assign a representative, read NAFDAC directives and other salient information about NAPAMS, kindly click here