Deadline: 20th March 2018
Kaduna State Government is set to introduce its inaugural class of the KashimIbrahim Fellows Programme commencing in June 2018
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.The overall mission of the non-partisan programme, as envisioned by His Excellency, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, is in his words, “to raise the next generation of leaders who will most likely be absorbed into the Nigerian public sector having had a first-hand experience of its workings and challenges”.
The programme will admit sixteen (16) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational, economic, and geographic experiences; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
Fellows will spend a year as full-time, paid assistants to senior Government House Staff, Cabinet members and other top-ranking government officials in State Departments and Agencies.
Fellows are expected to fully undertake the Education Programme which would include speaker series, domestic policy trips, an international policy trip and Aspen Institute style quarterly seminars
Fellows will be expected to pursue projects to assist the urban poor with solid waste management and recycling system, volunteer teaching, mentoring secondary school students, assisting Nigerian Legion members, or participating in the clean-up of local schools.
Alumni will convene at yearly meetings in Kaduna hosted by the Governor, to eagerly welcome new Fellows into what we hope would be one of the most prestigious networks of professionals and leaders in the state and our nation.
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which Fellows work.
- Accommodation in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the programme, and food
- Proven record of integrity and exemplary achievement.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level.
- A promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities, to full-time residence in Kaduna for the entire duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognised university and must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages),
- Two letters of recommendation and
- Essay on the change and leadership in Nigeria (maximum 1000 words).
- The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills to use to benefit your community, State, and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.
Click here to apply